There are a number of giving opportunities at Church on the Rock
- Ministry Fund: This supplies the resources needed for all of the ongoing local ministry at COTR (staffing, facilities, children, youth and young adult ministry etc. ) enabling us to pursue our mission to “Reach and Transfer” in Hamilton.
- Mission Fund: This funds our missions partnership in the Dominican Republic with El Circulo church. We partner with them to fund and operate a school in the village of Cotui as well as providing resources for a local orphanage and leprosarium. We are planning for additional mission initiatives worldwide.
- Building Fund: Through a miracle several years ago, we were given money to purchase seven acres of land on Upper James and have spent significant resources developing the property and the existing building (an old school). At present we use this location for our offices and mid-week meetings, but require an additional build of an auditorium in order to accommodate our Sunday morning service attendance and further outreach opportunities. We are currently raising funds to build on and develop this property with the goal of becoming a “City on a Hill”.
Donations made to Church on the Rock are assumed to be toward our Ministry Fund unless otherwise indicated for “DR Fund” or “Building Fund”.
There are a number of options for giving to Church on the Rock:
- Cash, Cheque, Debit or Credit Card: Donations can be made during Sunday morning services, during office hours at the Church on the Rock Building, or mailed to the Church on the Rock Building. Offering envelopes are available for regular givers who would like them (name and address required).
- Interac E-transfers are accepted through your bank’s online or mobile services. Please email gifts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Service charges may (or may not) apply. See your bank for details. We will send a confirmation that it has been received and processed.
- Canada Helps donations (we are listed as “Church on the Rock” (Mount Hope) may be made by clicking here.
- Pre-Authorized Giving through your financial institution is available upon request.